Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Thus far...

it has been so wonderful. We definitely needed to adjust our bodies from all the traveling & time change, so the first day we just relaxed & toured the town and got a basic rundown of our schedule during our team here. I was ready to start meeting people & using my Spanish and doing something. Even today I felt a little spoiled to be walking along the beach, and eating at a cafĂ©, and taking a siesta (rest/nap time). I mean, it's pretty glorious to fall asleep while reading in a hammock that overlooks the Mediterranean Sea, so I'm definitely not complaining. 

ANYWAY, let me get to the best part. Tonight, I feel like I got a glimpse of what Edge Project really does here. We had a fiesta, where Arianna (my director) and her daughter (Xara) invited a bunch of their friends in town and we made tapas and just hung out. Let me just tell you-- I was in my element!!! First off, I was super bold about using my Spanish even though sometimes I am insecure with it, and it was awesome! I felt so confident, and I was able to easily hold conversations & joke with them. Plus, some of them speak a little English so if I didn't know a word we could figure it out. I made so many friends, and it was so much fun. I really hope to get to know them more and spend more time with some of those folks and get talking about the good stuff ;) Arianna says they pretty much all know what we're about & they respect what we believe, even if they don't believe it themselves. I am going to be praying for each of them. Such a fun night, I can't even tell you. The house I am staying at has a beautiful "terraza" which is a large patio balcony, where we hung out until the last people left at 1am. 

So good to use my gift of hospitality and welcoming people and being relational in conjunction with my Spanish. Cannot wait to see how else Jesus uses me. 

Stay tuned!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment